Physical health assessment and management
Standard 13: A general physical health assessment and management of
the findings are recorded.
13a The care record shows that physical health needs are assessed
at least annually using the following features:
- the completion of a physical health assessment
- the provision of health promotion advice, and
- service users receiving medication should have side-effects and
physical health assessed and managed according to the appropriate
algorithm for that medication.
13b The care record shows information on the management of
physical health needs, including:
- information on who is responsible for the physical health
assessment (primary care or specialist services)
- evidence that results have been shared
- evidence that results have been acted upon, and
- evidence that information and/or advice on promoting a healthy
lifestyle has been provided.