Specific risk assessment for women
Standard 12: Specific risk assessment in women of childbearing age.
12a There is a record of a risk
assessment and management plan for women of childbearing age which
• advice and explanation of risks of becoming pregnant during
• access to contraceptive advice
• the considered involvement of a partner
• previous history of puerperal psychosis
• suitability of current medication while pregnant and in the
• the effects of medication on the foetus and on the woman,
• the risk of relapse if medication needs to be withdrawn or
12b There is a record that practitioners follow a local treatment
algorithm for the management of women who are pregnant and being
cared for through the ICP process.